Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Replacement plane blades in PM-V11 steel now available from Lee Valley

Great. Just when I thought I had enough tools.

Any possibility of toothed blade versions in the future Rob?
    Definition of an expert: Someone more than 50 miles from home with a briefcase.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Burns View Post
    Any possibility of toothed blade versions in the future Rob?
    Hi Danny -

No plans for toothed PM-V11 at this time.... perhaps once production settles in...

Cheers -

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Dillinger View Post
    Norris made some great wooden planes with their adjuster. Rob, put me down for one kit in each size
    Marples made some cool transitionals too. Bailey adjusters, but the plane is a different design from the Stanley/Sargent transitionals.

wp12113.jpg

I've been eyeballing this beauty on The Best Things for a while. I'm not going to cough up the $150 for it when I have a 2 good user 26s (really, 1 decent user, 1 very good user), but this t hing sure looks like a nice tool to use.

I quite like Norris adjusters too, so I'll be just as happy with something similar that has one of those instead.
    Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...

That Marples is SO much nicer looking than the Stanley transitionals!! When I started teaching shop in 1963,the shop across the hall had a whole toolroom full of Stanley transitionals,wooden spokeshaves,etc.. I had no idea at that time that they'd ever be worth anything. One day,those tools all were suddenly gone,and all new tools were in there. I had no idea they were slated for updating. Probably all the old tools went to the dump,too.

Yeah, I keep looking at that plane at TBT as well - it's so purty . . . it'd be tempting to snag a frog off a bedrock and see if you could make one . . .
    " Be willing to make mistakes in your basements, garages, apartments and palaces. I have made many. Your first attempts may be poor. They will not be futile. " - M.S. Bickford, Mouldings In Practice

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    A day late George!!!

Now - if you were giving a class for $19.95, I suspect it would fill up quickly....!

Cheers -

Rob
    If George were offering a class for $1,995 it would fill up quickly!

Maybe I'd better clear out some stuff and start putting in more workbenches!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post

We'll also be releasing 3 wooden plane kits (you supply the wood) that will use Norris-type adjusters.

Cheers -

Rob
    Santa got my letter !! ! !! can you give a ballpark on price?.... I need to start saving....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george wilson View Post
    Maybe I'd better clear out some stuff and start putting in more workbenches!!
    Roger that! count me in in!