Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Order

Another Order

Didn't want to post on the peppermill post but on our way home today I stopped by the Buffalo Bill Cultural Center. Talked with the lady in charge. I had taken my notebook full of picture with me of things I turn. She ordered over $1000 worth that she wants in 3 weeks for the beginning of tourist season. She said whatever sells well she would probably start ordering 12 to 15 at a time. She told me between 30% to 40% was what they wanted for wholesale prices. I told her the best I would do is 30%. She accepted and would pay me upon delivery. So guess my vacation this weekend with the grandson is over and off to the shop to turn tomorrow. So 10 peppermills, 20 birdhouses, 20 key chain pill holders, 20 key chain toothpick holders, 4 toothpick dispensers, and 4 lidded boxes to start. I hope I can keep up.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

2. Wow! I hope you don't end up busier than you want to be! I thought I read somewhere that you retired!?
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Sounds like you need an apprentice or two...
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Thanks. Roger I gave up on retirement but the good thing it is fun.

Doug got a grandson that thinks this summer he could help on the little lathe while I work on the big one.
    Bernie

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

go go go.....enjoy

congratulations - you'll be a busy boy for sure.

Dave F.

Great problem to have!

Keep it going Big Fella!
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Dang thats a nice order!
    "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

Thanks again. Headed to the shop today. Hopefully the birdhouses will be done in a couple of days. Hopefully things will go smoothly.
    Bernie

Congrat's Bernie, looks like you may be staying out of trouble mostly this summer. Hope all goes well.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Congrats Bernie! You're going to be busier than a polititian trying to keep from passing good laws!
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.

We've had this chat for a few years now...retired means slowwwww dddoooowwwnnnnnn...notgofaster! Good score bud!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Congrats Bernie, there is no way I could turn so much in so short a time, maybe some day.

Thanks again. 20 pill holder blanks drilled and glued as are the toothpick holder blanks. I also got 4 of the mills turned today so all in all a good day. Hope to get the rest of the mills done tomorrow.

Mr. Burr I have slowed down. Well kinda sorta. Before I was working 10 hrs a day, turning and doing clock repair. Now I just turn and do clock repair.
    Bernie

Bernie, way to go ! you must be busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. Just keep your head down and keep kicking butt.