Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hurricane HTC Chuck review

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Underwood View Post
    The woodturningstore domain has evidently expired. Are these only available on Amazon? Are there only the two sizes available?

No idea what happed with the web site.
    They are also available on the bay, search for - hurricane chuck (jaw,jaws) - to get to chucks and jaws and weed out the bay garbage.

As far as I know there are only the 100 and 125. I got the 100 for my daughter; it is larger and with it's standard jaws it is 4 oz heavier than my SN2 with powergrip jaws mounted. I assume the 125 is about like the Titan?.
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe

Thanks...

Y'know, I thought it was probably a good idea to buy a few bodies and several chuck jaws all of one brand. But then it occurred to me that one might regret it if the company didn't stick around... Wondering what Steve's long range plans are?
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Hi Bill, Thanks for your post. We won't be offering any Left Handed inserts for outboard turning. I know the PM90 has a thread spindle on the outboard side, but it is generally unsafe to do so. The standard speed range of the PM90 is too fast for large turning and also you would need to have an outboard turning stand, which because it is detached from the lathe, is less than ideal from a performance standpoint. So from a performance and liability standpoint, we don't offer it and can't endorse it.

Hi Guys, thanks for your posts and concerns. Our website is down temporarily because our webhost in the Chicago area had a power surge and their servers fried. The "supposed" offsite backup didn't exist. Any lawyers out there? ;-). Anyway, we are here and everything is fine, but our site will be down for a few more days as they replace hardware and rebuild their servers. Our email is back (using Google now). Our phones were always fine and please contact me if you have any questions. Thanks, Steve

Hi Jim, Thanks for your post. Our long range plans are to keep growing as long people continue to be happy!

Hi Jim, the domain hasn't expired, the servers that were hosting our site went down, it should be back up in 2-3 days we are told. Steve

7. I for one appreciate Steve coming on this thread and letting folks know the situation. I got one of his HTC 125 chucks and an additional set of 5" jaws.........that thing has been great, and filled a gap for me on several turnings where I needed to remount something............I could not be happier with the chuck and the service I got from him.

A 4" HTC 100 chuck is in my plans to purchase as well............I already have 5 supernova's and will keep them, but I really like the HTC chuck......best value on the market as far as I can tell from a price and quality standpoint!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!