Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to find reliable blast gates...

Michael,
    You may have figured this out, but a lot (or most/all) of the duct fittings on Amazon were not available for Amazon Prime shipping. I have to pay tax on most stuff from Amazon, so the local HVAC supply suited me better. Mike has a good comment above regarding Blastgate co. I did not know that they have other offerings than on their website. Probably worth looking into.

Mike

Ken Craft in Toledo. Good people.
    http://www.kencraftstore.com/Cast_Al...last_Gates.htm

They have everything else too, but their pipe is snap-lock. If I was doing metal, I'd want spiral.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post

If I was doing metal, I'd want spiral.
    Wondering why, Matt?

Check local businesses. I found one that made there own spiral pipe. Also made all laterals to order, so you can get exactly what you need. I put in spiral pipe with welded fittings, for the price of snap lock with those leaky elbows. They were also able to make me a hood for my planer. They were very willing to work with me, the only glitch was when I wanted to return some extra items. They had nothing in place for giving refunds, as most contractors simply take the extras to the next job. We worked out a deal to get my planer hood and a couple extras. All in all I was very happy, and have gone back for more as I have added machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    Wondering why, Matt?
    All those potentially leaky seams, snapping all the pipe together, shorter available lengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post

They have everything else too, but their pipe is snap-lock. If I was doing metal, I'd want spiral.
    I agree. I just ordered some 6"x5' hose. It's totally hardcore. Super thick, yet flexible. Super fast shipping. I order it on Saturday after hours I received it on Monday!!! I'm near Chicago.
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

FYI... I ended up buying my BG's from CVC. They should arrive on Wednesday. I think I'll order some 4" cast aluminum BG's from blastgateco.com for my DP, OSS, CNC, and benchtop belt sanders.

I actually just bought he HF 1HP DC with 20% off to use for this side of the shop. $75. I figure I could always expand my main system to accept dust from these tools. I just had to get something in place for them ASAP.
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

LV gates have been working perfectly for me for over 6 full-time years now. I have heard some people complain about dust getting built up in non-self-cleaning gates, and other people have said there is no problem. I figured I would stay safe and get the self-cleaning and haven't regretted it.