Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chisel Rack and Chamfers

Malcolm, your idea caught my attention, as an alternate approach. (I used the large LV countersink last time.) Did the unibit give you smooth sided holes or "stepped" holes? Any chance you could post a picture sometime?

Thanks,
    Fred

Fred, the holes are stepped, but they are quick to make and overall give an acceptable taper.
    IMG_0575[1].jpg
    My sample board - playing with depth, spacing, and cutouts for wide blades.
    IMG_0576[1].jpg
    Looking down at the sample.

Finished 'cabinet-on-cabinet' (I am running out of wall space, so scabbed them onto the front of my storage cabinets)...

image1.JPG

I wanted them enclosed to minimize air and moisture exposure. Each shelf is on a sliding dovetail and held with a single screw from the side. All I have to do is pull the screw and make a new shelf if my chisel inventory changes.

Thanks very much! I think I'll try one of those next time.
    I like the cabinets!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

That's a seriously nice cabinet setup, Malcolm!! Hmmmm....
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post
    Simplest way I found was to use a Unibit. They're available in a couple of taper angles and maximum diameters, but over all they work great - - and quick.
    That's what I did, too. The Unibit clones at Harbor Freight are entirely adequate for wood working, and inexpensive as well.