Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bargain Clamps or If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Blog Entries
    never had a problem on ebay. at one time things were a bit fairer but with the increase of shipping some time back the price of the product decreased and the shipping increased. many pulled the triple price shipping.

the only time i ever got a bad deal was purchasing a LEIGH dovetail jig from a hobby woodworker who decided he wanted another hobby. said the jig was in good shap and everything was there. well...everything was there, but he neglected to tell me the fingers had been routed into. around 18 i believe was the number.

need to get the "COD" back in service i say....

anyway if you are a good gabber you can get these at harbor freight for around 25-50 cents each......jack
    Attached Images Attached Images

Actually I went into this auction with my eyes wide open and wasn't surprised that the result was junk. I just really wanted to see what you could buy for 12 @ $30.00 and I found out. The post above was, as some realized, an attempt to bring humor into what would have been pretty disturbing to someone unsuspecting.

But, what I was the most surprised at was the attitude of the seller, in this case Habersham Tools out of Georgia. He was truly a jerk. When I didn't receive the alleged clamps in what I thought was a reasonable amount of time, I emailed the seller. He didn't respond, and thinking perhaps I'd REALLY been scammed, I filed a complaint with PayPal. To this he did respond. He emailed with prose that is by the rules, not allowed on this forum and promised to ship the clamps only when and if I retracted my complaint and immediately filed POSITIVE feedback for him on eBay.

I emailed back and promised that not only would I not retract my complaint, but I'd escalate it up to and including the Attorney General of the State of Georgia and the U.S. Postal Service. I guess my bluff worked because he mailed the stuff the next day.

Knowing that the eBay feedback system was inadequate to deal with this type of merchant, I put a pair of the clamps back on eBay and noted my auction number in the neutral feedback that I filed on him. In the auction, I pretty much summed up the quality of the clamps and where I got them. That auction has now expired but I think it is still viewable, item #4376340906. I got 70 lookers, but alas, no bidders.

One final note, while my original post was indeed true, I did take a few liberties with the details. I'm married to the same great girl, the love of my life, for the last 30 years. My artistic license was purchased on her credit card. I don't even know any of her ex-boyfriends.
    This above all - To thine own self be true. Wm Shakespear - Hamlet