I make a lot of items out of 1/8 inch doorskins. They are mdf or hardboard with a veneer skin on one side. As of now I cut them with a laser but I foresee needing a faster way to cut them out with in the next couple months. The first thing my mind turns to is buying a new bigger laser, but as they say, if your only tool is a hammer then everything looks like a nail.

I would like to try cutting them out with a homemade pin router. Then if it works and is faster then I would like to look into buying an actual pin router. I would like a bit that leaves as thin of a kerf as piratical and I also don't want to have to have to precut the pieces of door skin to be close to the template before I cut out the piece.

The thing is up to this point my only real experience with using a router is for rounding over corners so I have no idea what I should be using for a bit to test this out. I am sure I could just go buy a bunch of bits and eventually find something that works, but it would be much less expensive if someone could tell me at least the general style of bit I should be looking for.