Thread: Touch up paint for Powermatic 3520b

Touch up paint for Powermatic 3520b

I am adding a few accessories to my 3520b and I'm wondering if anyone has found any a spray color that closely matches the Powermatic mustard color.
    I called Powermatic and they do sell a 12 oz rattle can for $19.95 plus $10.95 shipping. That's an option, but if I can locate a color that's real close locally, I would prefer to do that.

I ordered from my local woodcraft store. Saved the shipping that way.

should be able to take a large flake to local paint store/hardware store, let them know its going on cast iron or steel, and have them mix some, ?owes will mix like a pint i believe

I found a perfect match at a tractor supply if you have a franchise tractor supply store near you I'd start there ,Willis Tyler Tx.

I just went through this, except for Jet white. Took my banjo to my local ACE hardware. They computer matched the color perfectly and I got a full quart of oil based enamel for $10. An inexpensive spray gun or brush work great. I suspect the mustard would be just as easy.
    Dick Mahany.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I had not though about the computer matching route.
    We have a True Value Hardware store in town that has a good paint department. I took the comparator bracket with me and they used it to computer match the color. As Dick I was able to get a quart of oil based enamel for $10. It used it to touch up a few nicks and it matched perfectly. Now to make a nice bracket to mount my vacuum chuck manifold and vacuum pump switch and paint them to match the lathe. I may try using my airbrush to spray it.

How about photos of the completed project?

Don't paint everything with the mustard color. you will never find them. Max