Thread: Crushgrind Mill Drill Question

Question Crushgrind Mill Drill Question

Has anyone ever used one of these for their Crushgrind mills? If so, how did it work compared to other methods? Is there a place that sells Mill Drills in the US?

Thanks!

Noah

noah, woodcut store sells them, but for $84.00, my forstner bits will do just fine. The time savings, what there is, is not worth the extra expense.
    Wes

"Never believe everything you think"

That's cool! If I have seen this before I bought the set of forstner bits, I might have been tempted!
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

I have seen it but alreay had my forstner bits.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I have used one and it is a pretty slick unit. Saves swapping out bits especially useful if you are doing a production run of mills.

Michael

Any US suppliers?

7. I had one before and had to sell it with my lathe when things were tought. I have just bought one again because if you are going to make more that two mills in your lifetime it is absolutely invaluable!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda Marais View Post
    I had one before and had to sell it with my lathe when things were tought. I have just bought one again because if you are going to make more that two mills in your lifetime it is absolutely invaluable!
    Where did you buy yours?

9. I purchased mine in Sunny South Africa, but I am sure you can purchase it online.

I have made my own and sold a few to club members. My design is a little different in that it accepts a forstner bit in the end so that one can drill all 3 holes at once. I sold them for $50.00.
    Always drink upstream of the herd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Golka View Post
    I have made my own and sold a few to club members. My design is a little different in that it accepts a forstner bit in the end so that one can drill all 3 holes at once. I sold them for $50.00.
    I'd love to see a picture of the one you made if you have one available. Thanks!

I would be interested in seeing a picture to Mike.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I've had a few folks show some interest in my home made Mill tool so here is a picture of the prototype. As I said I have sold a few to some of our club members here in Edmonton. Not sure I want to get into full scale manufacturing of these as I'm not sure if I've made enough of a change to get around any patent laws. This one was made from some barstock I had on hand and had to be welded together. Following ones were made from one sold piece of 1 1/4" round bar machined down. The cutters are 1/4 HSS tool steel.
    IMG_0593.jpg
    Always drink upstream of the herd.

That's a cool tool, Mike!
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Golka View Post
    I've had a few folks show some interest in my home made Mill tool so here is a picture of the prototype. As I said I have sold a few to some of our club members here in Edmonton. Not sure I want to get into full scale manufacturing of these as I'm not sure if I've made enough of a change to get around any patent laws. This one was made from some barstock I had on hand and had to be welded together. Following ones were made from one sold piece of 1 1/4" round bar machined down. The cutters are 1/4 HSS tool steel.
    IMG_0593.jpg
    If you ever change your mind about selling them, let me know. I'd gladly order one!

Noah