Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cherry Kitchen Build Completed

Cherry Kitchen Build Completed

IMG_2950.jpegIMG_2951.jpegIMG_2952.jpegIMG_2953.jpegIMG_2954.jpegIMG_2955.jpegIMG_2956.jpeg

Finished our kitchen cabinet project. Built the cabinet boxes from pre-finished 3/4 birch plywood. Face frames and doors are all from cherry with 3" rails and styles. Uppers were built without center stiles to be more open. Used KV full extension drawer guides with the soft close feature and blumotion soft close hinges. Tops are quartz. A much bigger project than it seemed like, especially with also installing the hickory hardwood floors and all the tile in the new house along with all the other little projects, including three matching bathroom vanities and laundry room base cabinets and uppers. Need to do the tile backsplash at some point yet, but glad to be in the new house and enjoying the kitchen.

A reputation for craftsmanship is a responsibility
    to never take lightly.

Very nice. I like the space too.

Nice job! Some of those kitchen drawers look huge!

That looks great! Looks like a very classy and functional kitchen. With no center stile in the uppers, is there a small gap visible between the doors? What was the project cost, not including the floor or counters?

I like the granite No-man in the middle.

Very nice work Jeff, nothing beats the look of cherry. How do you like having the sink in the island as opposed to on a wall?
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

What a privilege to see this magnificent project! That kind of work requires great dedication and patience! You nailed it.

Very nice. We would love to have something like that.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Jeff, this is fantastic work that I'm sure you and your family will enjoy for years and that you can be proud of for a lifetime!

I really admire your ambition and work ethic to very nicely complete this and all the other jobs you mentioned! Another post I can't possible show my wife!

If you don't mind me asking, can you give me a rough idea of what the lumber costs were for the cherry kitchen?cherries my absolute favorite would, particularly for built-in cabinets-- and yours looks great!

Thanks again for sharing your work!

All the best, Mike

Lovely work. I like the design - quite contemporary. Paul

Looks good to me too.The hickory floor is a bit lite.wish I had hickory instead of oak.Great job.

Thanks for the kind words. No visible gap, I don't think you know it until the doors are open. I adjusted the doors to about 1/32". Here is a close up photo of the doors closed and open. Also a shot of the pantry with pullouts and the large storage drawers. The project cost for the cabinets in the kitchen, laundry room and three bathroom vanities and a front for the master soaking tub was about $6000 including all of the rough 4/4 cherry, 1/4" cherry plywood @ $65 sheet, and 30 sheets of prefinished birch plywood @ $45/ sheet, cabinet pulls, full extension drawer glides and cabinet hinges.

IMG_2974.jpgIMG_2975.jpgIMG_2976.jpg

to never take lightly.

It works well for the house as the back wall of the kitchen is the master bedroom and master closet, so a window was not an option. The back wall of the informal dining area and great room is south facing and has lots of windows, so the kitchen feels bright. I like washing up dishes and looking towards the great room and the TV and kids playing. We tend to keep the sink clean and clutter free, so it works for us. We discussed having part of the island raised and opted to go with a 4x8 flat island to have a large work surface for baking and for entertaining.

to never take lightly.

My cost for the 4/4 rough cherry was about $4/ bd/ft.

to never take lightly.

Very impressive. I did our kitchen a few years aro in Cherry including butcher block island and can fully empathathize.