Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plunge Router with micro-adjust - Who makes one?

Plunge Router with micro-adjust - Who makes one?

Does anyone make a plunge router (for handheld use only - will not be used in a table) that has a micro-adjust feature for bit depth? Hoping to find one of approx 2 h.p..
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Blanchard
    Does anyone make a plunge router (for handheld use only - will not be used in a table) that has a micro-adjust feature for bit depth? Hoping to find one of approx 2 h.p..
    Festool makes a wonderful router with micro-adjust, called the OF1400 that fits your description of needs. Used in conjunction with the Festool Guide Rail System, it is a great shop tool. See it at:

http://www.festoolusa.com/ProductDet...224&tab=access

Festool products are typically at the upper end of the price scale, but they are really excellent tools. If you enjoy high quality tools and are willing to pay the price, Festool is hard to beat. No, I don't work for Festool. Smile.

Bosch makes a 2hp plung router that has micro-adjust. I have a 1613EVS.

Festool make such routers.

I've been pretty happy with my Dewalt DW621. 2HP with built in dust collection port.
    Use the fence Luke

I have the Bosch 1613 AEVS plunge router. It has the micro adjustment and it's a great tool.

The DeWalt 621 has a "fine tuning" adjustment. You should be able to get down to the nearest gnats eyelash with it. Besides, DeWalt is an AMERICAN COMPANY.
    Best Regards, Ken

Quote Originally Posted by hcbph
    I have the Bosch 1613 AEVS plunge router. It has the micro adjustment and it's a great tool.
    'hcbph", welcome to Saw Mill Creek whoever you are. But, we use real names here. Please contact Jackie Outten and give her your real name so that your profile can be updated.

Well I went to Woodcraft today to look at their offerings. I really like what I saw in the DeWalt 621 - I think that is my machine. Thanks y'all.
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

The DW621 is a good choice. I imagine the Festool is better, but my 621 has competently done everything I have asked of it for many years. The cord hasn't even rotted out like some of my other DW tools. Smooth running, excellent speed control, accurate depth control, easy bit changes, good combination of lightweight and power, reasonably comfortable, and a good value. Dave

I have the Bosch and the Festool both very good
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Porter Cable makes one, too. In fact, I think all the major manufacturers make plunge routers with "micro" adjust. I'm not sure how good the "micro" feature is, though.

You might have one already

Check out digi-kit.com, and look up their digi-router. Haven't used one myself, but it looks practical enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wright #2
    The DW621 is a good choice. I imagine the Festool is better, but my 621 has competently done everything I have asked of it for many years. The cord hasn't even rotted out like some of my other DW tools. Smooth running, excellent speed control, accurate depth control, easy bit changes, good combination of lightweight and power, reasonably comfortable, and a good value. Dave
    Ditto. The only trouble I've had with mine is having to replace the spindle lock mechanism, although I suspect that's at least partially due to my tendency to overtighten. Other than that, it's run about 10 years with no problems.
    Use the fence Luke

Blog Entries
    Ditto the 621. But don't most plunge routers have a micro adjust feature?