Thread: Grizzly G9956 or Jet AFS1000B Air Filtration System

Grizzly G9956 or Jet AFS1000B Air Filtration System

I’m getting ready to buy an air filtration system and am looking at either the Grizzly G9956 or the Jet AFS1000B. Just going by the specs, the Grizzly reads better and is made in Taiwan, don’t know where the Jet is made. I know specs aren’t everything. Anybody have any opinions on these two machines? I have a 10% off for the Grizzly which makes it less than the Jet by about $70 or so. Thanks for your help!

I have had the Jet for about 6 years now and am happy with it.
    If I had to buy a third one (I have a smaller Jet also that I have turn on with the light switch) I would get the Grizzly. I mean, how bad can an air filter be, and $70 is $70.

i have had the jet for about 5 years now.and no complaints.

I am also ready to buy a filtration system.
    The Grizzly seems to have better specs than the jet in every category:
    HP - 1/3 vs 1/5
    speeds - 5 vs 3
    max cfm - 1400 vs 1044
    Delivered Price - $364 vs $369 before any potential coupon savings

So is there any reason to get the Jet over the Grizzly? Seems the Jet is much more popular. Is that just because Jet is much more widely distributed and advertised? Help me to decide. Thanks.

Find out the MERV rating of the inner filters and take the best one. Most aren't very good- MERV 10 or less. Wynn makes a MERV 14 replacement. Dave

I own two Jet AFS100B units. I purchased one about 7 years ago and purchased another one to put near the lathe about a year ago. I love them both, have had zero problems with them. I have noticed over the last 5 years or so the prices of these units along with everything else just keeps climbing. I like the feature of contolling the speed and when I am finished for the day I can also set a timer on the Jet to allow the units to run from 2-6 hours extra and then they will shut off by themselves. It's amazing how much dust the primary filter collects and keeps out of your lungs. Both of my Jet units were made in Taiwan. Both remote controls will work with either unit too. I have been very happy with everything I have purchased from Jet.

I ended up ordering the Grizzly. It will be here Thursday. I'm sure it will do the job it was designed for. If it doesn't I'll let you know. Of course, I still won't know whether it does the job better than the Jet would have I'm sure I would've been happy with either but I was able to get the Grizzly for a little over $70 less than the Jet and since the Grizzly has better specs I felt it was a no brainer.