As a business owner we have an obligation to pay our creditors before we take a dime for ourselves - unless you have an agreement with them beforehand that gives you more time or different terms. There is nothing I hate more than a customer who is slow in paying and blames it on receivables being slow for them or business being slow. Sorry, but that's not my problem. If you couldn't pay when it was due then you should have let me know beforehand not when I call 14 days late. I have had slow times and cash flow problems but my vendors ALWAYS got paid on time, no exceptions!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
I'm not suggesting that Access doesn't owe or shouldn't pay their creditors. And my sympathies are certainly with the injured parties in this case but having once been in a situation where it was necessary to perform a juggling act to keep a business going and put food on the table and where it took me an unusually long time to clear my debt (without declaring bankruptcy) I have some understanding of the thought processes of a small business in trouble.