Thread: Training My Tools

Question Training My Tools

Can someone tell me how to train my tools to make a segmented bowl by themselves? I think I bought some lazy tools--they just sit there unless I make them work. Talk about having to lead a horse to water...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83255881/

Noah

First you get a cello to autoplay in your shop....
    Lathes: Nova DVR XP, Delta 46-460, Jet 1014vsi; Bader III 2"x72" belt grinder; Triton 2.25 router; CMT Industrio table; Jointech fence; SC planer; Dewalt miter; Delta 14" bandsaw; Festool TS55, MFT/3, CT22, ETS150/3, OF1400, PSB300EQ, CXS; Hegner Scrollsaw; JJ-6CS jointer; Grizzly 1023s cabinetsaw, Jet 17" drill press; Rigid OSS; 9" SandFlee; 3M AirStream & Breathe Easy PAPRs

I dont know how to do that, I've tried everything, so these days I put out milk and cookies for the workshop fairies. I've got high hopes for that project.

I've tried cajoling, coercing, convincing, pleading and outright threats to no avail. My tools must be related to yours.

your tools are retire, buy younger tools

The tools I have went gang busters for about a month but now their dead. Do they take batteries or something to get them to work...I shake them, talk to them & they just ignore me. What am I to do. I know sell them if there not doing their job.

This is what happens when you buy cheap Chinese tools off of eBay! I believe the expensive new carbide tools come with a satisfaction warrantee?

Nope--my tools are all limeys--lazy limeys though! I've offered them various oils at different weights; I've gone from sharpening them with aluminum oxide wheels to massaging them with CBN wheels and hones. And do they appreciate all of this TLC?--No! The ingrates!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Donaldson View Post
    This is what happens when you buy cheap Chinese tools off of eBay! I believe the expensive new carbide tools come with a satisfaction warrantee?
    Last edited by Noah Barfield; 04-29-2013 at 4:53 PM.