Thread: Wood box making program

Wood box making program

Does anyone know where I can get the wood box making program from. I need to create some wooden wine boxes.

Epilog Fusion Fiber 30 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 75 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 60watt x 2
    Epilog 32Ex 60watt (new tube, putting out 72 watts)
    Epilog Summit 25watt x2
    IL-60 2 x 100 watts 60" x 120"
    Corel X6
    Adobe CS6 Master Edition
    "http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?id=128

Quote Originally Posted by greg lindsey View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get the wood box making program from. I need to create some wooden wine boxes.
    laserjumpstart.com if this is what you are looking for not sure. If the link is not allowed please delete as I have no affiliation with them just own the product
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

Greg,

Try this one ...........

www dot boxmaker.rahulbotics dot com
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

It seems I remember someone posting a free one online for standard boxes.

JDS has some nice selections for under $10.. Some has wine tools too...
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Martin Boekers View Post
    It seems I remember someone posting a free one online for standard boxes..
    This one?: "boxdesigner.frag-den-spatz.de/fingerbox.html "

I'd like to hear from anyone who has bought and used the box making program from laserjumpstart. Is it worth almost $300? I really like some of the things you can make. Not sure how hard they are to make with the software. Are they easy / fast enough to make them saleable / profitable? Some real cool items but can you make them to sell? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I know there are free ones out there but the capability of this program is interesting. I want to make things other than simple boxes.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin
    SawmillCreek.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    45W Epilog Helix
    Corel X4, Photoshop CS3
    Sherline 4400 lathe
    JET 1221 Lathe
    JET 1014 Lathe
    Craftman 36" VS lathe

Jeff I own a few of their programs Box-it and artwelder in the right market I believe they are able to make money I have not used it to the full potential but when I need the program it works very well and very fast. Others on here also own it and love it.
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe

I don't have any of the programs but on concern I would have is once you have the design, how long does it take to cut it and even more important how long does it take to assemble and finish. I have lots of designs that aren't economically feasible because they take too long to assemble.
    Universal M-300 (35 Watt CO2)
    Universal X-660 (50 Watt CO2)

Hans (35 watt YAG)
    Electrox Cobra (40 watt YAG)

Glass With Class, Cameron, Wisconsin

Joe with Boit you pretty much can snap the pieces together after the cut the cost is relevant to the item you make
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe

Even if the items snap together somehow you have to glue them. And doing a clean glueup on finger cut joints takes some work.
    Universal M-300 (35 Watt CO2)
    Universal X-660 (50 Watt CO2)

Hans (35 watt YAG)
    Electrox Cobra (40 watt YAG)

Glass With Class, Cameron, Wisconsin

Actually Joe, you may not have to glue, depends on your product and design. Those joints are very tight!!
    Trotec 25W Laser, ShopBot PRT Alpha 48 x96 CNC, Roland Vinyl Cutter, Compucarve CNC, Ricoh GXe7700s Dye-sub printer, Hotronix Clamshell Heat Press, Pad Printing Equip, all normal woodworking and electrical tools.

Jeff,

I have both BoxIt and FlexIt macro sets, running in CorelDraw X5. Before buying them I used the free on-line programs to make things like tissue boxes, but those only do one type of tab and can't handle curved or sloped sides. BoxIt and FlexIt are easy to learn/use, and if you have a problem there's good tech support. BoxIt alone will let you do both curved and sloped sided objects, but not curved and sloped; add FlexIt so you have a living hinge option and you can do most anything you can imagine. If you get Recognition Review magazine, check out the Feb 2013 issue, page 55, and you can see some examples of both. I've also attached a picture of whisky sampler display boxes I made for a local store-- a quick BoxIt design cut in 3mm Baltic birch. I think the biggest item I've made using the macros is a 10 inch wooden lampshade with flex-cut sides-- got two of those in the house (patient wife :-). For me, the software was well worth the money if for no other reason than letting me take real advantage of the laser.

duncan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Old gray geezer/woodworker/hiker/canoeist...
    40 watt Epilog Mini-18 in a solar-powered shop...
    Corel X5, X6, GS 2017, GS 2019; BoxIt, FlexIt; Photoshop CS6, 1-Touch Photolaser
    Stinger I CNC, VCarve Pro

Thanks for all the input. I requested some samples and plan to try them out. If they work well I just may bite the bullet and spent the $$.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin (with 6-8" of snow this morning and still coming down!!)
    SawmillCreek.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    45W Epilog Helix
    Corel X4, Photoshop CS3
    Sherline 4400 lathe
    JET 1221 Lathe
    JET 1014 Lathe
    Craftman 36" VS lathe

Would someone with box-it be willing to try a design for me to see if it can be done? I contacted the manufacturer and they were not interested in trying. I am not confident that the program will be able to do it as it is a pretty complex shape. Let me know and I will send you a pic but, basically, it is a piece for a burr puzzle (if you are familiar with those).

Thanks in advance for any/all help.
    -Steve

If I wanted to make design for one box only I would not never pay $300 for BoxIt. That's a lot of money for a macro.
    As the matter of fact you can buy a lot of CorelDraw macros for $300 in total and they will save you a lot of time on everyday laser cutting tasks.
    I use one called CutIt, it's packed with a lot of tools that can be used for cutting(total lengths of curves, nesting, duplication, dxf export, cardboad box design and much more) and it costs only $40-50.

I have seen free Inkscape add-on that can make box design with tabs but it is not flexible. It is more suitable for square boxes.