Thread: A good ply wood source eastern Pa?

A good ply wood source eastern Pa?

I need to buy some high quality sheet goods around the Philly suburb area. I will be bag pressing 1/2'' sheets to make a final thickness of around 1.5''. I'm using the press to try to get the ply as flat as possible. I will then be veneering both sides and edges. The ply must have holding power because I need to mortis in knife hinges to support the massive doors. Baltic birch sheets are not wide enough only coming in at 5'x5'. I need 80'' Any help finding a distributer or advise would be greatly appreciated Thanks.

Try Industrial Plywood (800) 543-4416 out of Reading, they deliver into and around Philly and will handle non-commercial accounts. Most of the lumberyards I've contacted just order from Fessenden Hall in Pennsuaken, so you'd need to wait on their deliveries anyhow.

I've used Russel Plywood in Reading or Delaware, and they've been helpful and seem to have good stuff.

Does any know if you can you order from Fessenden Hall directly?

Thanks for the the distributer names. I would like to take a drive out to the places and take a look at their ply. Thanks again

Jim Becker from the Creek recommended Industrial Plywood to me. I have yet to place my order with them (still finalizing what I need), but my email communications with them have been nothing short of excellent. Jim said their veneers were top quality. The prices I've been quoted seemed pretty good to me.

I'm in central Bucks and apparently they deliver to this area on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and the charge is minimal ($25 I think).
    And there was trouble, taking place...

D and D Plywood?

D & D Hardwoods Saylorsburg, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim German View Post
    I've used Russel Plywood in Reading or Delaware, and they've been helpful and seem to have good stuff.

Does any know if you can you order from Fessenden Hall directly?
    No. Commercial accounts only. You could always call a local cabinet shop and ask if they'd order for you though. Their markup would probably be less than what Delaware County Supply, etc would charge.

I buy from Industrial Plywood as referenced by Adam...they have really quality stuff and they deliver to my area once per week. Nice folks.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

i could hrlp you ouy with fessenden hall. though you wont be picking through their stock.

Russell plywood. I am in Chester County and the Delaware one is the closest. Great people with high quality goods. Don't need a commercial account.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields