Thread: I was Santa Claus yesterday

I was Santa Claus yesterday

My neighbors across the street are really nice people. The husband has mentioned several times how he'd like to get into woodworking. The past year there has been some Craftsmen tools sitting in my garage taking up space and rusting. So the other day he was out front working on his car. I went over and asked him if he'd like some tools. Free. He came over to look in the garage and I showed him a belt driven sanding center (9" disk and 6" belt), a 6" jointer with stand and casters, a 3x20 belt sander and a pad sander. He said he didn't know how to use them and asked if he could get back to me.

The next day he stops by and says he was looking at YouTube videos and said, "I think I can do it. I'll take the tools!" His enthusiasm made me smile. So we carted the stuff over to his garage. He was all smiles. I felt like Santa Claus.

I think the tools found a good home and I believe he will enjoy them. And maybe he'll be bitten by the woodworking bug. Then his wife won't speak to me anymore. TRAITOR!

Thats very nice. I wish he lived near me. My problem is too many tools and not enough space. You buy a tool and then upgrade a few years later and now what. I'm not one for selling stuff on craigslist. Would rather give it to someone starting out like you did.

~mark

Yeah, I'm terrible about selling old stuff. I have the best of intentions but it never happens. Giving the stuff away seemed like the right thing to do. Maybe he will tell a Felder owner and they will give me their tools. HA! But now the garage is opening up and soon my Jeep will return to its home.

Julie,

I think you were Mrs. Santa Claus! Judging from your picture and name!

Since the neighbor is new to this stuff...make sure he understands how quickly a finger or thumb can disappear if he is not careful in what he does.

So kind of you to give him your unneeded stuff!

Bill
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

Blog Entries
    She won't speak to you because she know you just pushed him down the slippery slope. WooHoo, good job.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Good for you, nice.
    Richard