Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wha type of shoes do you wear while working in the shop?

Wha type of shoes do you wear while working in the shop?

Do you where walking shoes? Or some type of work boot?

I've been wearing walking shoes lately. I need new walking shoes for general use, but was thinking about getting some work boots. I've been doing a lot of actual woodworking lately as opposed to just shop setup and what not. My feet are killing me.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 05-26-2013 at 4:03 PM.
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

These:

http://www.wolverine.com/US/en-US/Pr...r?dimensions=0

Safety toe is essential for me.

K

I prefer Keens. I like the light weight but with good support. Steel toes available but I just wear the sneaker types. http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/wa...men/industrial
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

+1 on Keens for the colder months. Tevas for the summer.

What ever shoes I have on. If I am not wearing shoes, I have a pair of Mukluks that I wear in the shop.

it depends what I'm doing. If I'm working with heavy timbers, I've got steel toe boots on. If I'm doing a lot of work with chisels I have at least thick leather shoes on. Right now im finishing a projects and I'm just wearing flip flops.
    -Dan

Consider an anti-fatigue mat. It's probably the standing in one position - not the shoes that are doing you in.

Bistro CROCS - I can't believe I am admitting that I even ordered a pair - but after having them for a couple weeks I ordered another pair - the original style with the holes

I wear crocs almost all the time now. In the shop, doing yard work or when I'm out and about.
    Leather ones for general work.
    Rubber ones for working in the yard.
    Solid ones without holes for winter.

When I visit or work at a construction site I have to wear leather shoes or boots.

I generally wear work boots while in the shop, but lately I've been wearing my crocs. Crocs, though ugly as sin, are extremely comfortable for standing around the shop. Steel toeWork boots do make me feel better though while moving 8/4 lumber around.
    Duc in altum!

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    Consider an anti-fatigue mat. It's probably the standing in one position - not the shoes that are doing you in.
    I have 5 of them. Lately I've been moving from place to place in the shop more than usual. I do think I need new shoes or at least insoles. I bought these in April 2012.
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

I mainly work with smaller boards and my cnc so I don't worry about it much. I was just wearing sneakers but now am usually in shorts and flip flops. They are comfortable and easy to slip on and off as my wife has some sort of problem with me tracking saw dust in and out of the house.

If I am going to work with some large heavy boards and sharp things on the floor, I slip into some thick leather boots.

It's a hobby for me so if I am not comfortable then I just won't work

Red Crocs without the holes on top.

Comfortable on my concrete basement floor.

Mike
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

I wear old shoes in my shop. No point in wearing anything nice when it will just get dirty.

Redwing loggers, all the support and protection a fella could ever need. I spend 10+ hours a day on my feet and this is the only type of shoe that works for me. For some reason my feet require a really high heel or I get unbearable plantar fasciitis.

ForumRunner_20130522_192332.jpg