Thread: Segmenting software

Segmenting software

Has anyone used this software program for segmented turnings? Is it user friendly and does it tell you all the needed info on how many segments and angles, sizes, etc?

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/im...ws_woo_stu.jpg

Sometimes things are not quite what is advertised, so I thought I would get independent confirmation from actual users, if there are any..........thanks!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Roger, Woodturner Studio is a very good program and very easy to learn.

Roger, as malcolm said, it is a super program BUT check with the manufacturer, it does not work on Vista. Make sure it will work with your computer
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Tibbetts View Post
    Roger, Woodturner Studio is a very good program and very easy to learn.
    Thanks Malcolm............much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Rich View Post
    Roger, as malcolm said, it is a super program BUT check with the manufacturer, it does not work on Vista. Make sure it will work with your computer
    thanks Michelle.......got that angle covered!

Just related to this.......I did order the software. Even had a phone conversation with the developer..........you might have heard of him.......Jerry Bennett!

I must say, he was very helpful with making sure that this program is compatible with my computer OS.........and also offered personal tech support to me........he said........"I want you to succeed!" You cannot get any better than that!!!

Special thanks to Jerry.........very pleasant and cordial.........could not have been nicer!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Rich View Post
    If I read the web site correctly this software works with Windows 98. Microsoft stop support for 98 in July 2006. Support

Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, and Windows Millennium Edition Support ends on July 11, 2006

Greg

Jerry also told me it works fine with windows XP professional.