I have Poplar, Elm, Hickory and Oak on the ground sawn into logs and pilled for the Sawyer. I am thinking about taking down a large Sycamore that has a damaged top. Is that a pretty good selection of wood? I may be able to take a maple or ash too. I have about 10 Black Walnuts but they are a little small. Two are too close together. They are maybe 14 inches in diameter.

I talked to a sawyer on the phone the other day and he wants $55/hour to come out this week end and make my logs into lumber with his Woodmizer. That price was higher than I expected. I believe some one posted here that they paid $300 for a full day of sawing, 10 hours I thought. I will be helping him, stacking the lumber. I have a 30 horse Kabota with loader.

This guy is very nice but I think he only saws on weekends and does not sound all that experienced. He does not sound very fired up to quarter saw either. He says he will cut stickers out of some of my smaller logs. He claims they should not stain, He says buying dried stickers is very expensive.

I am just north of Atlanta in Alpharetta Georgia.