Thread: Gloat

Gloat

The Woodworking show was in Kansas City this weekend. I upgraded my bandsaw to the Delta 28-299. I got the complete package for $880 after tax but it included the riser block, rip fence, mobile base, and circle cutting jig.

This is the older model that only has a one hp motor. Just a hobbist so hopefully it won't bog down when resawing. If it does I figure I'll just upgrade to a 1 1/2 or 2hp Baldor.

Nice Bandsaw Steve. The riser block is a real advantage, and the resaw fence will come in very handy. I've been using a 3/4", 3 TPI on mine for resawing, but I think I'm going to try a 1/2", 3 TPI. It seems that a lot of the more knowledgable folks on the board seem to prefer this blade, and my results have been a little bit inconsistent with the 3/4" blade and the riser block . Hope ya' get a chance to set it up and enjoy it soon. That is, if you're not buried in snow like everyone else seems to be.

I got it setup last evening. The dust collection is lousy, but I believe all bandsaws need some improvement in that regard.

I bought four Timberwolf blades at the show for $85. 1/2 by 4, 1/2 by 3, 1/4 by 10, 3/15 /14, and the carter detail guide. That's the single top bearing one.

No snow here thank goodness.

OK when I get insomnia I tend to read old threads, I got to wondering what the first bandsaw thread on SMC was (go figure me looking for a BS thread) this was the first one and also the first official gloat on the Creek, but guess what no pics.

Steve is still active on the Creek but not a daily visitor but none the less.... DUDE it has been almost 10 years and no pictures? This obviously didn't happen. You did make a good choice getting the Carter Stabilzer though.

So where are the pictures?????
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I started reading this thread without looking at the date and thought, this guy is crazy for buying an $880 band saw with a riser block and thinking it's a deal. Times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Dragin View Post
    I started reading this thread without looking at the date and thought, this guy is crazy for buying an $880 band saw with a riser block and thinking it's a deal. Times have changed.
    The guys in the US that built that 28-299 would agree times have changed, it was one of the Last of the Mohicans if you will.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.