Thread: What I found in shaving pile.

What I found in shaving pile.

This is Critter and she spends a lot of her time in the shop. She is old and deaf and like to lay under the lathe when I am turning and let the shavings fall on top of her. She prefers the shavings from a final turning as they are smaller and soft. Sometimes she is kind of in the way, I step on her ever so often but she keeps coming back
    2013-06-03_09.24.31.jpg
    .2013-06-03_09.25.17.jpg
    2013-06-03_08.58.10.jpg
    Fred

Fred, my buddy Dempsey (a 95lb Belgian Malinois) loves to lay in the shop when I turn. He however, doesn't lay directly under the lathe LOL. I feel bad for them because of the dust, but there is only so much you can do. It's good to be loved
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

:-) :-) great to have friends
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Just wondering if she has a favorite wood type also? I know I hate the taste of mahogany myself...

That is just too cool--try camphor wood and deflea every thing in the shop.

Well I am old and deaf too, but I don't think I want to lay under a lathe. Especially if you are going to step on me at times. Critter looks perfectly content, and comfortable though.

Very nice, Fred. My shop buddy is Zoe, and she also loves to sleep in shavings. She is not deaf, but she may be soon because she likes to sleep on the hose to the dust collector when she isn't in the dirtiest spot in the shop. You can see her in my avatar and here:
    002.jpg

That's very cool Fred. In spite of her obvious health concerns, her mental state must be quite content.
    Perhaps a Trend-mini?? I have a friend who's dogs also love laying around in the shavings and aren't spooked by noises. That's a good shop buddy if I've seen one that you have!
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

Very cool but what pitiful little piles? of shavings. Shame--the critter deserves better.

Thats cool Fred. My cat had his favorite perch in the shop when he would come out with me. lol
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I love it! I agree, the cat looks perfectly content.

My Welsh Corgi used to spend a lot of time in the shop when I was turning. When I got my electronic variable speed lathe it seems to bother him. I don't know if it is some harmonics with the variable speed or what. I usually leave him in the house when I am turning, but have him out there during other times.

Unfortunately the only thing my old cat used the lathe shavings for was a litter box when he accidently got shut in the garage overnight. You think elm smells bad?