Thread: Nova DVR XP Fuse??

Nova DVR XP Fuse??

Roughing out the second of two cherry bowls this morning and the DVR XP shut down. I figured it was hot so I set up the fan to blow some air across it and went and had a cup of coffee. This has happened before. Came back in 30 minutes and turned it on and ...nothing. Blank screen. More coffee. Turned it on again...still nothing. Is there a reset button? Couldn't find one. Pulled the fuse and couldn't tell if the filament was intact because the glass barrel was burnt black. Being the rocket surgeon I am I determined the problem was the fuse. Short little glass barrel fuse 15A, 250V and seems to be a bit narrower than a normal glass barrel fuse. Went to Ace Hardware..did not have one. Auto parts store.. nope. Home Depot..nope. Anybody have any idea where I can get one of these fuses or if there may be some other gremlin in the machine causing this?
    Gag, Ack, Barf - Bill the Cat

Gene, I just went and pulled mine to see if I could get a type off it, and what I think was the type number I didn't recognize. But you are right, it's a bit unusual. But I think it's a 5mmx20mm type, you might try Radio Shack, they carry fuses like these (they aren't automotive).

I would be concerned at this point, I have never managed to pop the fuse, and I've laid into the lathe very hard. Many times bogged it to the point of engaging the "auto stop". I would not be surprise that replacing the fuse merely means popping another. If this happens, you have an issue inside the lathe, possibly the main board

There is an addition fuse inside
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

I have the same problem finding fuses like that for work. You should be able to get them from appliance repair places. That is the same type of fuse used in microwaves to fuse the magnetron for instance in 15 to 20A. I have found them at Ace before and at dedicated electronics places. When I know I am out of my own personal little stash I order them from Grainger and go pick them up, Not usually in stock, so in my experience it's worth calling ahead to order them.

Jon