Thread: EurekaZone Track Saw System Questions.

EurekaZone Track Saw System Questions.

I'm looking at buying into the EurekaZone track saw system. I was wondering how much the base eats up in the depth of cut and if you can cut bevels? From the looks of it you can also use a router with the pricey attachment. Has anyone here done that?

i thinks its 1/8", worse case it's a 1/4". i have one of the original router attachments, works well. i don't feel the new(er) version offer that much more of a advantage so i'm sticking with what i got. it works for me.

The base doesn't eat as much of the depth of cut as the rails themselves.
    The baseplate and rail decrease the depth of cut ~7/8' on my Makita 7 1/4" circular saw. I lack about a 32nd of being able to cut through a construction grade 2x with it. However, in fairness, on plywood, the system works as advertised. It can cut as accurately as you can lay out a line.
    I have an 8 1/2" Milwuakee worm drive to rip 2x lumber.
    Yes you can cut bevels with it. Just slide the baseplate into the closer runner on the track. You can put a razor sharp edge on a 45 degree beveled cut in prefinished cabinet ply with the system. I cut the palm of my hand,it was deep and painful, after doing some 45's.

As for the router attachment. Yes you can buy the router attachment and have it ready to go out of the box, but it is very easy to make your own jigs and fixtures to ride on the rails. I've never used the actual router attachment from EZ, but have made my own, or just used the side of the rail as a straight edge. The rails can also be made into a very stout trammel for circular work.
    Last edited by Mike Cutler; 06-13-2013 at 7:14 AM.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

I think the difference is around 3/8" ... the distance between the wood surface and the bottom of the plate on which you mount the saw is about 1/4" (this accommodates the anti-chip edge insert on the saw plate). Above that, it's no more than 1/8" thickness between the bottom of the mounting plate and the sole of the circular saw. To be honest, though, I've never measured it. If the wood is too thick from the 7 1/4" saw, I slide my 10" Makita onto the rail.