Thread: $66 wooden swing and other cool stuff

$66 wooden swing and other cool stuff

$ 66 tree swing.jpg
    Hogan woodworks
    http://www.hwworks.com/gallery4.html
    Seems like a lot for a tree swing. However, if I built one it would be for grandkids to use.
    The rope takes some time and money as does the paining. Might sell at fairs.

I'm a Creeker, yes I m.
    I fries my bacon in a wooden pan.

A rope swing could quite possibly be the greatest outdoor item for kids. I put one in our front yard where we have the perfect horizontal limb about 30 feet off the ground. Used a modified bowline to secure to the limb, all done from the ground. Used 70-75 feet of rope, my only cost. The wood was scrap found in the neighbor's torn down garage, drilled and routed the edges with a radius. Neighborhood kids come and ask to swing all the time and my daughter and her friends never want to stop swinging.

I intentionally built it to fit two kids, they have a blast swinging together.

The hurdle I see in selling these is that too many people have no clue about knots or how to attach it to a limb safely. I prefer bare wood which gives a little friction as a seat instead of painted. Our swing has a full swinging distance around 30 feet. Huge smiles result, even for adults.

No fasteners, no carabiners, just rope and wood.

Last edited by John Schweikert; 06-20-2013 at 2:13 PM.

I put a rope about 30 feet up. This shows my four year old loving the swing. Now my 7 year old and 5 year old love the swing.... I put my wife on it around 5 or 6 minutes...

http://vimeo.com/12100304

I finally replaced the rope. This time I had a tree trimmer do it since I was having the tree trimmed.

Cool swing, cool tree, beautiful family.
    I'm a Creeker, yes I m.
    I fries my bacon in a wooden pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Walz View Post
    Cool swing, cool tree, beautiful family.
    Thanks Tom!