Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: How many routers do you own?

Late to the party... I have 5 powered (3-PC, 1 Bosch & 1 Hitachi; can one have too many?) and 2 hand-powered (Stanley's).

Hey JOE!!

I've got a buddy out here on the island with an almost PERFECTLY brand new bosch colt for $40

And to stay on topic, I've got 5 routers and a rotozip.....
    But if you don't want the Colt, I'll soon have 6 LOL
    Husband to 1, father to 9
    2 girls and 7 boys (in that order)
    Life Is Full Of Blessings
    The Lord is my Rock and my Refuge.

4, a fixed base(pc), a plunge(pc), a trim(freud), another plunge in the router table( freud), and I use them all.

22 behind these. It's what I do (study the buggers).

You can either put your money toward unusable router bit holders, or buy a router for every router bit you own. I ascribe to the second camp.

4 (One in table, one for hand plunging, two trim routers). I want a 3hp one for my table, though.

I think extra trim routers are a good thing. They're relatively inexpensive, and are perfect for keeping a roundover, chamfer, and even a spiral for rough mortising permanently chucked.

Quote Originally Posted by John Piwaron View Post
    What does one do with 150 routers?
    I believe he who has a 150 routers has the quickest setup.

I have 3x. A 3.5 horse in a router table, a 2.5 for handheld, and a trim router.
    My friend Fred taught me that relationships are like fine tool makers, what you pay is but a small part, what matters most is the time, passion, and care that was spent and the joy that you have.

8. I have six, but my neighbor who has a one-man cabinetry business has these:
    Bear with me, this it the first time I've posted a picture.
    37 Routers.jpg

So I finally broke down and counted. I have seven powered and one hand (Stanley). Plus I am holding one for my daughter until she finishes up college and is ready to start her own collection....errrr shop.

Only 3 for me, I recently sold a Milwaukee that I never used.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

1. Festool 2200 (for really big stuff)
    2. Festool 1400 (for really medium stuff)
    3. Bosch 1617 (for Leigh stuff)
    4. PC 690 (for stuff that needs PC accessories)
    5. Bosch Colt (for scribing built-in stuff)
    6. DeWalt 611 (for small stuff)
    7. PC 7518 (for router table stuff)
    8. PC 7518 (for future vertical router table stuff)
    9. PC 7518 (Because I bought it with the other two PC7518s as part of a box marked "Router Stuff" at an auction for $40 total. True stuff!)

K

This is really sad, but I currently also own 13 routers, and a CNC machine with a spindle. Part of the reason I own so many is that I had smaller CNC machines that used the smaller routers, I had to have several for backups. I do have a professional shop so I guess I can somewhat justify these.

I have three.
    I have 3. A 3.25 horse PC in a router table, a 2.5 Ridgid for handheld, and a Ridgid trim router.

I wasn't even sure and had to check. PC 7518 in router table, PC 7529 (dont use), 2 PC 690s for akeda jig, Festool 1400 and Festool MFK 700. I mostly use the PC 7518 in the router table and the Festool 1400. I regret not buying a PC 310 trim router when still available. Note: I do have Pat Warner bases on every router I can get one for.

Five including one edge trimmer. One in the table, one in the portable table and one in a plunge base. The other one is just handy
    Teaching grandchildren the hobby is rewarding. Most of the time