Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breaker didn't trip on dead short

could the breaker or the wiring be hook -up wrong ?

I hate working on live circuits at home. I have a fear that the extra perspiration it generates on my hands and forehead might turn me into a super conductor (from the salt) and zap me into next week! That said, I've done it plenty of times...just have to be extra, extra careful.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I not sure what salt will do for your skin as a super conductor but water will increase your skin volts/amps carrying capability
    do salt water dry on your skin as the same rate as fresh water ?

Pure water is a terrible conductor of electricity, salt adds the ions needed for the flow of electrons.

Most water is not pure so I would never take a chance around water and electricity. Even tap water could have enough minerals and iron in it to be conductive.
    Last edited by Brian Elfert; 06-28-2013 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Fixed spelling

Just trying to point out the reason why salt is important, not suggesting that deionized water is commonplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    I hate working on live circuits at home. I have a fear that the extra perspiration it generates on my hands and forehead might turn me into a super conductor (from the salt) and zap me into next week! That said, I've done it plenty of times...just have to be extra, extra careful.
    As an electrical tech I can state that there is no reason to ever work on anything that's energised unless it's for the purpose of making measurements.

Please don't do hot work, having to reset the clock on the microwave isn't a good counter point to a fatality..............Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Meliza View Post
    Pure water is a terrible conductor of electricity, salt adds the ions needed for the flow of electrons.

a ohms meter can check your water to see how pure that the water is