Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FINALLY...finished this cabinet (Follow-up to hardware question)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    I'm just sayin' - a truly resourceful lad would go to some lengths to procure cheap and cheerful furnishings
    before all the trouble of making something both appealing and competently built.
    Touche'. Though I'll point out that if you look at the above photo of my seedlac testing you'll notice that the sample board is sitting on a lovely red ikea pantry. I actually do like some ikea stuff but I have a strict rule that I'll only buy the stuff actually made out of wood, as that stuff actually does last. I got tired of all that termite barf breaking the second I would try to move it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    Stay on this course and you'll be awake before dawn and giving up fast food before long.
    It's a slippery slope you're on, there.
    Oh my friend, if only you knew how far gone I already am. I have long since dove head first down that slope, swam across the river at the bottom, dug a well on the other side, dove headfirst into that, and then had it sealed off to the outside world with a 3 ton slab of granite. There's no turning back.

(Unless you count Starbucks as fast food. You'll have to fight me if you want to take my Starbucks away)
    Last edited by Chris Griggs; 06-28-2013 at 8:39 AM.
    Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...