Thread: Federal Reserve Bank of Boston Exhibit

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Federal Reserve Bank of Boston Exhibit

I'm fortunate to have a couple of pieces of recent work on display at one of the most secure galleries around. The Federal Reserve bank of Boston has anfedresshow_(1_of_1).jpg exhibition space which now has on display work from students (of which I am fortunate to be one) and alumni from Boston's North Bennet Street School. While the exhibit does not get a lot of exposure to the general public due to security measures in the building, it is seen by many who work there or attend conferences and other events at the Fed. The exhibit is open to the public on Mondays during the day... I believe from 10 or 11 until 3pm.

The tool chest is South American mahogany with curly maple drawers. The beautiful mahogany in the chest and the drawer fronts came from Irion Lumber and the solid crotch panel in the lid came from rare Woods in Mexico, Maine. Finish is shellac following treatment with potassium dichromate.

The braced comb back Windsor chair was made using the methods of Curtis Buchanan and is oak above the seat and maple below the seat, all worked green. The finish is black milk paint over red milk paint, followed by watco oil and wax. First Windsor chair I ever made, in fact the first chair I ever made.

The exhibit runs from now until early September.

I have a gallery with more pictures of all the work on display on my facebook page if you are interested.

Roger
    Last edited by Roger Myers; 07-03-2013 at 8:02 PM.