Thread: tall vase

tall vase

seem to be on a tall vase kick. 15" tall..turned, cut, & hand planed the sides flat...not having everything round is a nice change. Hope ya'll like the color. It is stunning in person. Happy 4th
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Michelle It's different for sure, but different in a very good way. Really like what ya did with the color also. Over all one really cool piece.

very nice, a new phase in your turning?????

4. Nice Michelle! don't look now, but I think it is cracked!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Michelle, it's an outstanding piece. I really like the graduation of the tone of blue, as well as the hue of blue that you chose. The design work is equally stunning and well executed. I really like the "character" that you have added to it with the wedge removed, it's straight and abrupt line really makes your subtle curve in the main form pop. It really adds a great amount of depth visually, it also adds to the deep hue of blue you chose for the center of the vessel. I like it
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

Michelle, this is way cool! I love that shade of blue, the form and the flat with the opening into the vase. I also like the "cracks". The overall effect is stunning! Definitely a show piece!

thanks fellas..glad you like it. Rick, you may have taken more time & thought in your critique than it took me to design it & decide the colors!! :-) thanks so much for your thoughts.
    Charlie: seems to be..at least for awhile..I'm almost out of wood :-)
    Roger : yep always have been marching to a different beat..2 vases in a row I made cracks on purpose!! :-)
    Marc: thanks
    Steve: thanks
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe