Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser Leather Cutting Wattage

My 40 FSL when it was working cut 7 and 8 oz veg tan no problem at about 60 pwr and 100 speed. Now oiled sides were another animal all together, I would have to make multiple passes at 100 pwr and slower speeds.
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 08-11-2014 at 4:48 PM. Reason: spell
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Did some custom Leather products at .24 inch thick that came through perfectly as an application test for a customer on a Universal Laser VLS 3.50 with a 50 watt recently. When we got into some custom vinyl materials it had some melting issues which we were able to clear it up by messing with the pulse control settings. Cheap little machine that produces great results for the money. Have seen them still running and pushing out 50+ watts even 5-7 years later with almost zero maintenance.

Kevin: Do you have set-up that is capable of cutting vinyl?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gregerson View Post
    Did some custom Leather products at .24 inch thick that came through perfectly as an application test for a customer on a Universal Laser VLS 3.50 with a 50 watt recently. When we got into some custom vinyl materials it had some melting issues which we were able to clear it up by messing with the pulse control settings. Cheap little machine that produces great results for the money. Have seen them still running and pushing out 50+ watts even 5-7 years later with almost zero maintenance.
    Kevin could you put your equipment in your signature?
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    Kevin: Do you have set-up that is capable of cutting vinyl?
    Depends on the Vinyl mix. Many Vinyls are PVC so it's a matter of getting the MSDS to verify that it's not. Universal makes it pretty easy to get the settings right though. Like I've said on this forum before. I deal with service and sales and applications on Universal as a partner. The system I have in the office that I occasionally carry around for demo is the VLS 3.50 with a 50 watt and filter cart. The systems I service and play with range from 25 watt 20 year old systems to 150 watt dual laser setups.

Cool -- thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Kevin could you put your equipment in your signature?
    Better? I work on many types of ULS equipment old and new.