Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone remember this book?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Monson View Post
    that's funny stuff Mel, I do remember that book as a child. Funny how I can remember a childhood book....but cant remember what I came into the room for
    You have just described the rationale for keychains, watchfobs and lanyards.
    I begin to fear that in my golden years, I will wear an Alice Pack stuffed with my field rations
    or will need a set of panniers for my walker.

Perhaps I should label each room with "A list of why you're probably in here..."

Thanks Eric! Digger Dan it was! I've been looking for that book for about 10 years. You've made my day. Lewis Thanks to all the other suggestions as well.

Right you are Jeremy,

I remembered it from English class at college some 50 years ago, but Mel reminded me that Snoopy must have taken the same class, between flying lessons in his Sopworth Camel.

Rick Potter

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    You have just described the rationale for keychains, watchfobs and lanyards.
    I begin to fear that in my golden years, I will wear an Alice Pack stuffed with my field rations
    or will need a set of panniers for my walker.

Perhaps I should label each room with "A list of why you're probably in here..."
    Thanks you, Jim. This is a Fabulous idea! I'm going to do this today . . . as soon as I remember where I left my pen . . . and some paper . . . and some tape. My day is going to be so busy.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

My personal favorite is the 2005 contest winner of the edward bulwer-lytton fiction contest. I tried to copy the text, but for some reason I couldn't do it. Enjoy.

I've got a stack of file cards, a pen, and some tape in my hands. Now what was I going to do with it......?

Perhaps it was Steve the Steam Shovel. I remember having to read that book to my brother until he could read it himself. I lived in a household where the older kids read to the younger kids so mom and dad could do what they needed to do. I loved that book. I have always wanted to have one of my own. My husband never got me one. Probably a good thing.
    Leigh Costello
    Epilog Mini 24, 45W, Corel X4
    Smile, make them wonder what ya did.