Thread: Neverwet

Neverwet

I just saw that Home Depot is now carrying the Rustoleum product called "Neverwet" which when sprayed onto almost any surface will completely repel any liquid. You can see a video of it on Home Depot's website. I see a TON of applications for us using this product........especially when it comes to color-filling. Has anyone tried it? Do you think it is safe to laser?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

They have a very good video of it on Youtube.

Hi Steve,

Do you think it is safe to laser?
    Ask the manufacturer for the MSDS, that will tell you exactly what's in it and if it can be lasered.

best wishes

Dave

I have a bunch of water based spray paint and will give it a try. Could be be very handy.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

If you look for test videos of people using it they tend to show that in real world use it doesn't work nearly as good as neverwet shows in there videos. The test videos show that the oils from a persons hands gets on the coating it will stop working. I have never used the product myself so I don't know if it works or not.
    Universal M-300 (35 Watt CO2)
    Universal X-660 (50 Watt CO2)

Hans (35 watt YAG)
    Electrox Cobra (40 watt YAG)

Glass With Class, Cameron, Wisconsin

In my early days I tried many sealers and even Rain X... (just hoping) but nothing seemed to work as hoped. Let me know your results here.

Thanks!
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

I've played around with it a bit. The undercoat seems to be a simple lacquer, which I guess they use as a sealer. The overcoat is the hydrophobic stuff. The resulting coating is rather milky. One thing I found is that the undercoat crazes acrylic. As a paint mask it may be possible to just spray the overcoat. I think it would be fairly easy to clean off a finished surface.