Thread: Router pantograph recommendations?

Router pantograph recommendations?

I need to make some simple signboards with letters of various sizes. I have access to block letters in sizes from 2 inch to 6 inch. I'd like to find a good pantograph so I could trace the individual letters for my signboards. Any recommendations? I'm not interested in the various plastic lettering sets from Rockler, etc. Tried them and was less than thrilled. Thanks!

If you're up for making your own tool, how about Mathias Wandel's http://woodgears.ca/pantograph/index.html

Seen a few articles lately on making one. It's the way to go. I saw one for sale commercially not long ago and couldn't believe the price. For not much more I got a cnc router.

if this is for simple letters, and won't be used heavily, MilesCraft has one that is pretty reasonable. Saw it demo'd at a show, and it worked pretty good.

Rick Potter

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    if this is for simple letters, and won't be used heavily, MilesCraft has one that is pretty reasonable. Saw it demo'd at a show, and it worked pretty good.

Rick Potter
    I've had a Milescraft on a piece of plywood since the '80s. Hang it on the wall when not needed. I think it works well enough for what I use it for and it didn't cost much. I used it recently to carve the pineapples on some shutters.

Shutters House (1).jpg