Thread: What I Learned At The AAW Symposium's Demos...

What I Learned At The AAW Symposium's Demos...

This was my first AAW Symposium and like most people I was just bowled over by the quality of the experience. The Demonstrations were fantastic with my favorites being Mark Gardner, Nick Agar, Keith Thompkins and Trent Bosch. These photos are an example of my attempts to show what two of them taught. Mark Gardner's demos were "Hollow Forms The Easy Way" and "Surface Embellishments." Nick Agar's demo was "Viking Sunset Bowl" and I also attended a workshop he gave in Tallahassee. These demos are designed to show what they do for their signature styles and to get us thinking and acting outside of our areas of comfort. I would encourage anyone with the chance to attend Mark or Nick's demos to do so. Both are excellent instructors and they make the process a lot of fun.
    DSC01776(2).jpgDSC01785(2).jpgDSC01787(2).jpgDSC01788(2).jpg
    I fish, therefore I am. I woodturn when I can't fish.

Wow! You obviously paid attention in class! Beautiful work Bill! Thanks for sharing!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

If I had not re-read the thread, I would have thought you were posting pictures of THEIR work. Now take what you've learned and incorporate it in your own style. I may have seen you in Mark's 'Embellishment' class.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

good teacher's, excellant student......will look for some of your work in a years time

WOW! Really incredible stuff there! You learn well, my friend!

Man!!!! I REALLY like the bowl. Absolutely beautiful!

Rock Creek, Ohio. It's alittle town in the NE part of the state, not far from Lake Erie.
    Nice work and you were an excellent student. We have Nick coming to the Erie Club next Spring and I'm looking forward to the demo and to the hands-on after. Nice meeting you in Tampa.

Thanks guys. I want to really point out just how good the demonstrators are and how relevant the AAW Symposium is. Thom - that had to be me in the "Surface Embellishments" demo because he gave it twice and I was there both times. Joe - our meeting was my pleasure. It was good to meet you finally.
    I fish, therefore I am. I woodturn when I can't fish.