Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turnings

Turnings

I know I haven't been on much lately but have been pretty busy keeping up with orders. Here are some birdhouses, seam rippers, business card holders, toothpick holders and pill holders. Forgot to mention toothpick dispensers. The birdhouses are turned in 3 pieces. Some are dyed and have pyro done. I have made and sold around 185 birdhouses since the beginning of last month. The seam rippers (22 of those), toothpick holders 30 of those and pill holders 28 of those have been turned and sold. The business card holders 31 of them have been built and the end pieces turned. They are 3" in diameter and then cut in half. Most of the have gone to the Buffalo Bill Cultural Center. All piece are turned and finished with WB lacquer. Anyway have a couple of more orders for the art center and the floral/craft shop. Definitely has kept me busy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Some body has been working there butt off. Great job man, and glad to here your making money to.

Nice stuff, Bernie. You are definitely a busy guy. Congrats on all the sales!

wow! 185 birhouses! amazing. Congrats on the sales
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Bernie,
    You've been "turning" out quite a volume! These all look very nice. Congrats on the sales. I assume the seam rippers are a kit?

6. Nice stuff, Bernie!!!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

nice stuff, i like your birdhouses the best, and other people also

enjoy your sales

Well done Bernie!

Now put your feet up, have a cup of coffee and sit back
    counting the dollars as they roll in.

Alan
    My wife and I had words, but I didn't get to use mine.

Thanks everyone. It has been a busy time but still fun. It has also been a pleasant surprise. The BBCC has a large bronze statue of Buffalo Bill plus the convention center. Yes the birdhouses do sell well especially the ones with the burning to look like shingles and dyed gray to look like old barn wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Gourieux View Post
    Bernie,
    You've been "turning" out quite a volume! These all look very nice. Congrats on the sales. I assume the seam rippers are a kit?
    Eric the seam rippers are kits from Woodcraft. They are a little finicky and the inside of the tubes must be perfectly clean. They do sell pretty well for me.
    Bernie

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Nice looking items, no wonder you are so busy.
    Lori K

I have to say I got a real kick out of seeing all of those business card holders, Bernie. You have been prolific.
    God is great and life is good!

Thanks again.

Mike I kinda came up with those after a gal called me and wanted me to turn her some. I racked my brain and came up with those at about 4:30 am. So I called her and told her I had a couple of proto types ready. She came over and said I want those two. I said those are just rough outs to see if you liked them. She said put some finish on them and call me. Then she called back and wanted 4 more. So going to put a few in the BBCC, gallery and floral/craft store to see if they sell.
    Bernie

Bernie glad to see your skills and hard work are paying off.
    Fred

Very nice output, Bernie. I think you must have a couple of elves working with you that you aren't telling us about.

David

Oh gee, oh boy, My dream is only to sell one item a day. I am off by 29 a month. Take a break for a job well done. Carl