Thread: Tissue box covers from scraps

Tissue box covers from scraps

Tissue box covers are very popular among the female members of my family. These are made from scraps. From the left: walnut veneer; quilted maple with walnut edging; quilted walnut; canarywood with bloodwood framing; curly maple with bloodwood edging. Finish is General Finishes Polyacrylic, it doesn't darken the wood as much as oil finish and lets the grain show clearer IMHO. Please comment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Very nice looking. I don't see the point of tissue box covers but the ladies seem to like them so they should be very happy with what you have made.

These are fun builds and they bring the beauty of finished wood into your home. Very nice, one of a kind pieces. And one way to get some of the scrap out of the shop. Nice job.

very very nice !
    MARK

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rimmer View Post
    Very nice looking. I don't see the point of tissue box covers but the ladies seem to like them so they should be very happy with what you have made.
    When freshly opened and again when the box gets about half empty the whole thing lifts when you try and pull out a tissue. The covers give it some weight, so it stays in place.

Fantastic! You did a pretty good job on the maple and walnut!

If you make the tissue box covers with veneer on half-inch substrate, the weight of the cover keeps it in place for a "one hand pull" removal of a tissue.

Many thanks to all for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated!