Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you get Directv to take you off their mailing list???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How do you get Directv to take you off their mailing list???

Has anyone else had to deal with that company??? I don't have Directv or any other satilite TV system , yet they keep sending me those "you have been pre-selected" junk mailings. I called their 800 number, and they said I don't have Directv. Well DUHHH!!! I told her I don't have it and I don't want it and to have them take me off their mailing list. They said I am not on their mailing list , it's a mass market mailing. Well, they said they would not longer mail the junk mailings to me , but that was 2 months ago and still getting the junk !!

Anyone know how to get them to stop their junk mail ????????????

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Life's too short. Just throw it in the trash and don't stress over it.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Life's too short. Just throw it in the trash and don't stress over it.
    This! Or buy a paper shredder for home use...maybe $25....i find it works quite well.

You might not be on their corporate mailing list, you might be on some resellers list. We get them CONSTANTLY for Hughesnet from several resellers. I sort the mail on the way into the house--recycling and keepers. Many days it all goes in the first stack.

I used to be in the same boat, until I started shredding all their papers, and putting it back into their mail back envelope where they pay the postage. After several of those, all the junk mail pretty well is gone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Henry View Post
    I used to be in the same boat, until I started shredding all their papers, and putting it back into their mail back envelope where they pay the postage. After several of those, all the junk mail pretty well is gone.
    I used to do that only with out the shredding part. Stuff everything including the envelope it came in back in their postage paid envelope and drop it in the mail box on the corner.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

sending the mail back to them is a good idea but do not shredded it , they see the powder and will CALL THE Police

Put all the other junk mail in their return envelope and send it back.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

What about adding a brick to a box with their envelope and mail the weight postage due

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Henry View Post
    I do the same thing with every credit card solicitation. The pre-paid envelopes all go back in the mail and have for years, but I still get them. That's fine. If I have to go to the time and expense of shredding it, they get to pay for it.

I can dump 20 junk mails in the time one robo call takes. I had one wake up the household at 11:45 the other night. He said my computer was malfunctioning. I am ashamed to admit it, but I lost my cool and told him to do something anatomically impossible.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I haven't seen a credit card app in the mail that has had anything remotely private in years. I don't even open them to check anymore. I bet 90% of our mail by volume, excluding packages, goes straight into the recycle bin. Even the gas bill that came today for example I throw away 2 envelopes and some kind of ad insert every month and keep the 1 sheet that is the actual bill. I don't think we can get that one electronically for some reason.

I quit my AAA auto membership over ten years ago and still get physical mail from them with the whole, "last notice" thing.

I never paid for Fine Woodworking Magazine (I think they comped me a subscription from the Minimax USA days, which died in 2010) and somehow, they followed me to a new address with magazines.

Erik

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    I quit my AAA auto membership over ten years ago and still get physical mail from them with the whole, "last notice" thing.

I never paid for Fine Woodworking Magazine (I think they comped me a subscription from the Minimax USA days, which died in 2010) and somehow, they followed me to a new address with magazines.

Erik

Erik
    AAA has been sending me their Westways magazine for nearly 25 years for free. They started charging me for it way back when, then removed the charge but forgot to stop sending the magazine. It just gets thrown away the second it comes in the door.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I cancelled my subscription to the Sunday Albuquerque Journal newspaper 3 years ago but they still throw one in my driveway every Sunday morning. I called them twice and reported it..
    That would’ve never happened when I delivered papers as a kid. The right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing today.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney