Thread: 216 holes

216 holes

I have never liked blue bowls. I have no reason why. After seeing T. Boulder's blue bowl , I tried coloring my newest piece. Surprise, I liked this blue bowl too. 5-1/2 h 7diam maple, metallic paint & stain. So thanks for sharing your coloring attempts. You might have changed my mind
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Nice shade of blue, and interesting effect on the slots. In some way the slots are similar to your other pieces, and in some ways quite different. Is this a new idea you are exploring?
    Eric Holmquist
    C&C Always Welcome

hi Eric: yes, this is a new idea. I don't think I have seen it done this way. I have made pieces that had openings, but not this way. thanks for commenting .
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

The whole concept works! Well done.

i like your blue Michelle, the no curves is interesting also

Michelle, I will keep my dimpled white logoed spherical sporting accessory remarks to myself on this one.

I do love the vibrant blue!!
    Last edited by Mike Cruz; 08-11-2013 at 6:08 PM.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Beautiful Michelle and I like the color to.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

It may take a bit to figure out how you might have done this one Michele. Unless it was segmented and you are trying to confound us by adding the color.

Baxter, no confounding here. As a matter of fact a segmentation would have been laborious and require more patience than I have..200+ little pieces glued in even spacing? Naw not for me!

Blue looks good on you! Striking piece Michelle, the color is fitting and mesmerizing. The form is fantastic, It would look amazing on my coffee table
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

thanks Rick..it looks fantastic on my coffee table too, and on my braggin' shelves!!!

For those of you who would like that color for something you wish to make: airbrush color by Jacquard called metallic blue.