Thread: Drawer Slides

Drawer Slides

Question, when installing drawer glides, not the extension ones but just the those with the roller wheels on the guide and the corresponding drawer piece. Question is, do these get installed so that the bottom of the cabinet glide is level with the top of the corresponding rail on the face frame?

Thanks,
    Corey

Corey, This is the way that I have seen them installed on the kitchen cabinets that I have worked on. Doesn't mean it is the correct way though
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Corey;
    I just checked the ones installed on my Kitchen Cabinates and the tops of the rollers are 3/16" higher then the frames.

Blog Entries

Thanks guys! Jack, yes, very similar only I don't have the piece on the end to hook to the back of the cabinet. I was going to install mine on the sides of the cabinet on a cleat. Will that be ok? I see they go level to the top of the rail.

Corey

Blog Entries
    the rear boots are important but not neccessary. you could easily attach to a wood guide but make sure the piece is thick enough that the screws holding the rail to the wood member doesnt crack the wood. pre-drilling will help this.....jack

Thanks Jack, so it will be alright if I install them just inside behind the face frame as well?

Corey

Blog Entries
    yes sir, but you want atleast 5/8 running past the wood strip on the edge of the frame. cut a a small block or measure out 5/8 past the wood strip youll mount the drawer guide to this will still allow the drawer to use its natural resting groove which also causes the drawer to pull itslf in on the last 1/8 or so before closing....jack
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks a million Jack, appreciate your help!

Corey