Thread: Delta Bandsaw blade sizing

Delta Bandsaw blade sizing

I have an old Delta 14" bandsaw with the riser block and need to purchase a new blade. I do not have any literature on the correct size for this. Anyone know the correct size for this bandsaw?

The Delta 14" bandsaw with riser takes a 105" blade.

Thanks you.

No wider than 1/2".

I use 105" and up to 3/4" on my 14" Delta with riser. Not sure why restrict to 1/2". I use 3/4" for re-sawing with no problem.

I have a Laguna with the 1" blade for resawing. I keep this one in the corner for when I need to do some curves etc. I ordered a 3/8" blade for this saw.

A 1" blade is probably not within the realm of what that saw frame can tension. In reality that saw is going to strain to get a 3/4" blade tensioned which is why they're not really recommended. There's always guys who run blades bigger than recommended.....kinda like guys who put monster tires on their trucks without any further modifications! A good quality 1/2" blade tensioned properly will re-saw wood just fine, so why spend more money on a blade that's too big for the saw

good luck,
    JeffD

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
    I use 105" and up to 3/4" on my 14" Delta with riser. Not sure why restrict to 1/2". I use 3/4" for re-sawing with no problem.
    There is much less stress on the tracking assembly. It's well known they are prone to being over-tightened, causing them to break.

I have issues on the guides when I put the 3/8" on my 14" band saw .