Thread: Adapter for Nova Live Center?

Adapter for Nova Live Center?

Anybody know where I can find an insert for the Nova Live Centre System to adapt to a 3/4-10 thread? This is the same thread used on the OneWay live center (I shoulda bought the OneWay to start with!)

Thanks!

D.
    I finally figured out how to deal with sawdust in my hair.

I shaved my head.

Rubber Chucky Products sell a number of devices that use 3/4-10 tpi to hold them, included in the packages are MT2 bolts that are designed to hold those devices. In my opinion their products are a bit pricey, but they are very useful and I do use mine. You can find them at www.rubberchucky.com

It also seems to me that you could get a 1 and 1/2 or 2 inch 3/4-10 tpi bolt and grind off the hex head and taper that end to a MT2 shape about 1 inch long like the nova live center uses.

Phil Harris

I assume you are wanting to mount your chuck with 3/4X10 thread to the live center.
    I do not see exactly what you need but it appears a MT2 to JT3 may work. You will have to have the JT3 threaded to the 3/4X10 and shorten the MT2 side to fit the center. I think the JT3 end is about an inch long but you can check.
    The dimensions of the JT3 is given as Largest .81100 to smallest .74610 (and pretty darn close to .75)

$3.95 here: 202-1322 http://www.shars.com/files/products/...3B/page112.pdf
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe