Thread: My version of "Morris" Chair (pic heavy)

My version of "Morris" Chair (pic heavy)

Been awhile since I have posted so I figured I would share my latest project.. Did this for my man cave. Plans came from Wood Magazine, I did some minor adjustments but it turned out OK in the end. The wood is Cherry taken from a horse farm here in MD.
    Lost most of the pictures from the first part of the build when my phone took a bath but you get the idea

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

Blog Entries
    Very nice. I want to try one but haven't convinced LOML that we need one. Did you do the upholstery, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rimmer View Post
    Very nice. I want to try one but haven't convinced LOML that we need one. Did you do the upholstery, too?
    Yes I did the upholstry as well.. Because it was for me and not a gift I figured why not try it.. Was intimidated by it initially but it went well. I got the 2 yards of "leather" off Amazon for $35. just used my porter cable stapler and some foam and batting from Micheals Crafts. LOML did the back cushion, it was the only sewing required.

You did a very nice job on this Trevor. This should be in your family for a very long time and a project you can be proud of.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

Very nice Trevor, this chair is on my short list, maybe this winter. Anyways it looks great!! Is your back fixed or adjustable?
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Monson View Post
    Very nice Trevor, this chair is on my short list, maybe this winter. Anyways it looks great!! Is your back fixed or adjustable?
    The back has the 3 position adjustment.. though the pegs would be difficult but I found dowels at Woodcraft and they took less than 10 mins

Really nice work, Trevor! Looks like the kiddos approve, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    That looks like one GREAT chair........
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Thanks for sharing Trevor. Looks great.

So is it comfortable ? Looks it. Well done on this project. I had an uncle with an ordinal one of these from the 30s or 40s. Great style that will endure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey John View Post
    So is it comfortable ? Looks it. Well done on this project. I had an uncle with an ordinal one of these from the 30s or 40s. Great style that will endure.
    Very comfy, I know it will last for years to come.. just hope I do

Looks very nice!

Good thing you have that big Powermatic mortiser! That'd be the devil chopping all those mortises by hand!

That looks great and comfy! One to be proud of! Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Robson View Post
    Looks very nice!

Good thing you have that big Powermatic mortiser! That'd be the devil chopping all those mortises by hand!
    That was a craigslist find.. broke the speed limit with cash in hand for that one