Thread: Bill Grumbines Toronto Demo

Bill Grumbines Toronto Demo

I had the privilege of attending theToronto Woodturning Guild Saturday in Pickering and enjoyed a demonstration put on by Bill Grumbine.

Bill did three turnings, a basic bowl,natural edge bowl, and a winged bowl. I found Bill most interesting to listen to. He seems to have the gift of instructing down very well. You don't have to worry about things getting too dry with Bill's humour.

It was also nice to put a face to the names of people that you see on the forums. And I would like to thank the club members for their warm welcome and generosity.

I have a link to some pictures that I took during the day. The first picture is of Bill and yours truly. The table display shows some of Bills work.

John

http://photobucket.com/albums/v396/haylow/

It looks as if you all enjoyed his presentation. Thanks for the pictures.
    Glenn Hodges
    Nashville, Georgia

"Would you believe the only time I ever make mistakes is when someone is watching?"

Glass Book Cases and Lathes?

Thanks for the pics. Looks like a great time. I think I would have chosen a different placement for the lathe rather than in front of those glass cases, though! But of course Bill probably never has any flyers!

Hmm...Gorrila Yellow on that there big fellow!! I guess it was easy to keep track of where the demonstrator was in the room!

Seriously, Bill is a real Mensch and always fun to be around and learn from.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...