Thread: Wood rack is done!

Wood rack is done!

Finished up my wood rack Thursday night, my mom and dad arrived Friday with walnut cut from the home farm. Turned out great made use of some dead storage space under my basement steps and will now have my lumber organized.

rack.jpg

Got it loaded up, good news is I have plenty of space and there is a lot more lumber to come yet, some cherry and red oak plus more walnut. The fun part is they don't know, but my brother and I are building them a full bedroom set from the walnut for their 35th wedding anniversary.
    rack3.jpg
    DSC02063.jpg

Nicely done Robert! Spaces like that can often be a little awkward to put to practical use. This should work well!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

3. Great use of wasted space.

Now THAT'S a wood rack! Man, I wish I had that much space.

Looks awesome. It should naturally keep the wood sorted by length.

Steve

Very nice! A bridge I'll soon be crossing myself.
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

Blog Entries
    Looks great. You could add some varying depth cubbies along the bottom for cut-offs.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Very nice! Makes me want to clean out all the crap under my basement stairs and convert it to wood storage.... Maybe this winter..
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Much better than the stupid, useless closet we have below our stairs.
    "Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey

Thanks guys! I am re-organizing my basement shop to consolidate it from being sprawled all over my 1800 sq ft basement to about 800 of it. Triggered by the purchase of a cyclone unit and the inherent need to finish the basement if we are staying here longer term. One of those things, I was storing scraps under the steps and last week when sorting some I thought duh, just add a few more studs and cross members to actually store my lumber. I moved the rest of lumber into it last evening and the organization just makes a person feel more productive.