Thread: help! delta planer feeder rolls stopped feeding...

help! delta planer feeder rolls stopped feeding...

I have a delta planer that I was giving a little workout to the other day, and all at once, the feed rollers stopped feeding. it's the Delta 22-540 model.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix it?

Don't know about the Delta but on my old Ryobi and DeWalts quite often the feed rollers accumulate ' wood goo' causing them to slip rather than feed stock properly. Cleaned them up with whatever solvent (mineral, alcohol, etc.) would get the job done without eating the roller. Also scuffed them up a bit with some scotchbrite and waxed the platen.

If the rollers are actually not spinning then whatever links them to the motor is broken or loose.... manual, parts list, and supplier might be needed.
    Might be something as simple as a loose set screw on a gear.

http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/cgi-b.../delta/22-540/
    Last edited by Tom Ewell; 09-03-2013 at 4:59 PM.

feed rollers are chain drive. open the side and see what shape there in. Page 12 in the manual under lubrication.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...+PLANER-manual
    Last edited by jack forsberg; 09-03-2013 at 5:14 PM.
    jack
    English machines

Can you hear the drive motor spinning? If not, is it possible the thermal circuit breaker on the motor tripped? Assuming it has one...

thanks for the input on where to start, guys. as soon as i can, i'll take it apart and see what I can do.

well, I finally got the time to take it apart. There's a screw that somehow detached from the planer and got caught in the chain. It's lodged pretty good between the sprocket and the chain on the bottom. Now I need to figure out how to get the chain off...
    Last edited by Steve Grazier; 09-09-2013 at 8:49 PM.