Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I being to picky about an Infinity blade?

Am I being to picky about an Infinity blade?

I recently picked up a new sliding miter saw and wanted to get a great blade to go along with it. I read some good reviews about the infinity blades and ordered one off of amazon.com A few days later the blade shows up and looks ok, except for a small chip on the arbor hole. I contacted the company about a return and they tell me to just try the blade out, that the chip is not a defect. Am I being to picky about an $80.00 blade or should I push harder for a return?

Post a picture.

You describe it as being small, in all honesty ,I would keep it. I would not accept out of balance or chipped teeth.

Define small.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

Sorry pics dont seem to be working right now. The chip is about an 1/8" wide and 1/16" deep rounded on a 5/8" arbor hole. It seems like the laser cuts just weren't very clean, though the blade body and teeth seem fine.

You sure that's not some kind of indexing hole?

NOPE- send it back. Maybe they can sell it as a second.

I second, send it back...... if it is not seen as a defect, then that demonstrats their quality control/toerances. Yes it probably will not effect the use but just pick up hundreds of blades in a big box store...how many have the same defect? I would quess none....Call Ridge Carbide in NJ, Speak to John. More money but excelent service/sharpening and blades

This seems like a defect to me if the chip is the size you say it is - I have there 53 dollar rip blade and it's perfect.

I think I would at least give it try to see if it matters. If not, why go thru the hassle of returning it?
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by scott spencer View Post
    I think I would at least give it try to see if it matters. If not, why go thru the hassle of returning it?
    I agree, give it a try. There are millions of pulleys, wheels, etc. that have through key-ways in them that don't effect their concentricity or performance.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

What is Amazon's return policy? If I pay for new, I expect new, and as close to perfect as possible. When I pay my bill, my check has to be 100% good! I expect the same of my purchases.

Guys, as explained in our email to the customer, ALL of our saw blades feature this indexing indent (not a chip) on the arbor. This is not a defect but rather a manufacturing element and necessary for production.
    When in doubt - get it from the horses mouth -
    David
    Infinity Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    You sure that's not some kind of indexing hole?
    Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I guess David sorted that out....Thanks David...I think some posts run on unnecessarily so thank you.