Thread: Computer down, so why not a rust hunt today?

Cool Computer down, so why not a rust hunt today?

Walked around town today, saw a few yard sales and a thrift store. The Lutherans have their own thrift store, too. Walked into there (and no, the roof did NOT fall in) and walked back out after spending a whopping $2.15 for just two itemsSDC15777.jpgSDC15778.jpgtop one is a 20-1/2" panel saw, Warranted Superior on the medallion. As for the other $1 saw..... Disston of Philly ring a bell, with etch, a 6 ppi at that. Cleaned the brass up, and the bladeSDC15779.jpgSDC15780.jpgSkew back? Handle is a closed top one, but has zero cracks in it. I'll get around to cleaning the smaller saw later. Not too bad for a buck apiece?

Made my annual trek to the Nittany Tractor Show, near State College, PA. Spent a total of $10 ($17, if I include $7 for the gyro), and got a Model 199 Stanley utility knife, a Stanley siding gage and a Disston #4 back saw (nice straight saw plate, will touch up this evening).
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

Panel saw is a ten pointer, if the stamp is correct. Might be an Atkins made one?

regarding the D-8: when I had the tote off, found a "7" stamped under it, on the non-etch side. Both totes are intact, no cracks at all, even the finish looks good. Panel saw was taken for a short test drive. Seems to go to the right, unless it is the operator's fault ( could be) but once started on it's way, it did stay straight. Haven't tried the rip saw, yet. Looks like it might need a sharpening first. Them's some big ol' teeth sitting there...

Good finds. Makes me feel that I over spent for the D8 rip that I got last weekend for 3 bucks.

Thumbhole rip is a good saw. 6 points is a good size for ripping (or flipping).

Upon rechecking the D-8, It is stamped as a 5 pointer.

The 10 pointer panel saw is missing one lousy tooth.

saw bench is completed, would have been a second one, but ran out of leg stock.

Photos please

Quote Originally Posted by steven c newman View Post
    Upon rechecking the D-8, It is stamped as a 5 pointer.

The 10 pointer panel saw is missing one lousy tooth.

saw bench is completed, would have been a second one, but ran out of leg stock.
    Even better (5 vs. 10). Best thing you can do with a saw missing a tooth (unless it's right at the toe or right at the heel) is sell the whole thing.

Ok!SDC15798.jpgSDC15799.jpgSDC15800.jpgSDC15801.jpgthe $1.07D-8 andSDC15802.jpgSDC15803.jpgSDC15804.jpgSDC15805.jpgand the missing thoothed panel saw. between the two of them, I spent $2.15, counting tax. No shipping, as I walked home with these two.

Nice bench. Did ya take the D8 out for a test drive yet?

Short one. Might need a sharpening. Will try the sharpening tomorrow. Don't think it will need a set done on it. Have a "Plymouth Rock" saw to do, and another saw that has a nib on it. Those two will need to be cleaned up, first. They MIGHT be Atkins made ones....

I paid a little more for my D-8 last weekend $3.00 but it was sharp 6 TPI rip.d8.jpg The plane is a #6 for $10.00