Thread: An Urn for a special pup

An Urn for a special pup

Having owned dogs and cats most of my adult life I've gotten attached to everyone of them. Not ashamed to say I've cried more than a few tears when one was lost. We've had mostly Labradors and Golden Retrievers, and occasional Australian Shepherd, and a Poodle. However, there is usually one that stands out from the rest and by whom all future pups will be measured. I lost such a pup last July, Jake, a big goofy Labrador. He was my constant companion for the last 12 years. When he died I had his remains cremated. But, such a special pup needed more than the generic container that held his ashes. I made up this urn from a piece of Hickory.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Reality continues to ruin my life!

Sorry for your loss. It looks like you did a great job on the urn. How did you do the picture? Is is laser cut?

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I know exactly how you feel and offer my condolences for your loss. The urn you built brings honor to your pet.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

I haven't got a clue how you feel.

I dread the day when I find out.
    My dog is just over a year old, and it feels like he's always been here.

The couch certainly smells like he has...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    Sorry for your loss. It looks like you did a great job on the urn. How did you do the picture? Is is laser cut?

Mike

The picture was not laser cut. It was a method I discovered here on the forum. A picture printed on a tissue paper. Then held in place with lacquer thinner and finally lacquer brushed on. I attempted to attach some script using the same method, but I was never satisfied with the results, I practiced quite a bit both with the picture and script on scrap material. In the script the paper always showed, I could never achieve satisfactory results. The picture I trimmed closely so there was no paper to show and no paper shows on the image because it's totally covered in ink.

I'd love to have a laser. Looked at the Epilogs. But since I just bought another Harley I'm thinking another major purchase might just be pushing my luck with LOML!

And thanks all who offered condolences. I know that in the great scheme of things, with all the crap that's going on in the world, the loss of a pet might be considered trivial by some. Still............for an animal who has become part of the family, shared in the everyday events, enriched your life, the loss of that life is meaningful.
    Reality continues to ruin my life!