Thread: Dangerous Millers Falls 707 fine

Dangerous Millers Falls 707 fine

I'm a tool user not collector BUT this weekend I found a Miller Falls 707 in the box for $1.00. It's in mint condition besides the broken knob, look's like it was used maybe once. It's so nice I'm not going to not use it, just put it on a shelve for display. I hope this is not my down fall into collecting tools (not that there is anything wrong with that). mf707.jpg

Blog Entries
    Often for collectors the box is more sought after than the item in it.

Not sure if the MF 707 is a sought after collectable. It was only marketed for a few years.

Your picture doesn't show the V-line decal on the cap. Is it intact?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I will have to check the cap. I think they made a lot of them so the value is kind of low.

Good looking BOX you got there.

Blog Entries
    I have his little brother. It has become my favorite for easing edges.

Kit-Hut-(189).jpg
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    I have his little brother.
    There are a few of these around my shop. One is in the house near the wood stove to make fire starting shavings.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

No V-line decal on cap but everything else is there. It been plane crazy at my place, picked up this plane and a Stanley #5, #6 and #8 last week. Have been looking for a #8 for over a year and half. Need to take a day off and do some restoration.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Nothstine View Post
    No V-line decal on cap but everything else is there. It been plane crazy at my place, picked up this plane and a Stanley #5, #6 and #8 last week. Have been looking for a #8 for over a year and half. Need to take a day off and do some restoration.
    Wow, how about more details and some before and after pictures.

A picture of the whole fleet would also be enjoyable.

Before finding a #8 it seemed my #7 was all that would be needed. Then a #8 was offered to me at a price that was difficult to refuse.

It is nice to have both. Not really necessary, but nice.

jtk

Here is the #8 after a quick cleaning, and adjustment. It was given to me by another wood worker. He wanted it to get restored and used. Going to give it the full restoration soon. Have my first project for it, need to flatten and
    clean up 2 maple workbench top.number8.jpg

The #5 was also in with the #8 I have about five #5 so I'm going to give it to a friend of mine. I think it's going to be the push off the edge into hand tools, he has never had a good sharp hand plane. The #6 I pick up at a flea market with a rabbet plane for $10.00 needs a good cleaning. The saw is a D-8 covered in oil not rust. d8.jpg here is a few others I keep in arms reach.toys.jpg

Blog Entries
    Jacob,

Thanks for the follow up with pictures.

Looks like a good start on the hand tool addiction project.

One thing I have noticed about my old planes. They always seem more pleasant to use with a new coat of paint. Only a few of mine have been repainted and it is a time consuming practice. Someday my plane painting round tuit may arrive.

jtk